Harry Simpson is a solicitor, specialising in construction and engineering (contentious and non-contentious) and commercial property. Harry joined Barton Legal in September 2019, having previously worked at Walker Morris and Ward Hadaway.
Harry has worked on an array of matters since joining Barton Legal in September 2019, including;
Construction (contentious and non-contentious)
- Leading (under supervision) an adjudication (including liaising with client, adjudicator and respondent, drafting, researching and collating documents) relating to repudiatory breach on a student accommodation project in Loughborough;
- Assisting in litigation proceedings (including preparation of witness statements, collating disclosure documents, liaising with Counsel, preparing for and attending a CCMC). The matters included issues around structural defects in residential properties and payment and loss of opportunity disputes on the HS2 project;
- Successfully applied and acted as sole advocate to set aside a Judgment in Default against a local Contractor client;
- Leading (under supervision) the Pre-Action Protocol correspondence (and eventual successful mediation) on behalf of a developer client;
- Reviewing and advising clients on how to utilise the terms of their contract whilst the project is on-going and drafting relevant letters and documents in respect of those terms.
- Drafting, negotiating and finalising a wide range of contracts (including JCT and NEC with amendments, and bespoke contracts) on behalf of various clients, including hospital developers and broadband infrastructure contractors.
- Collating Contract Packs, drafting transfers and contracts to be used on commercial and residential property transactions;
- Reviewing and advising clients on guarantee agreements;
- Review, negotiating and amending commercial property leases; and
- Reviewing and advising on local searches and Land Registry documents.
Harry also takes an active role in the firm’s business development. This includes handling potential enquiries from prospective clients from the outset and liaising with contacts in respect of potential work.
Harry has a range of personal interests, including walking, travelling (domestically and internationally), learning about history and spending time with friends and family (including the family dog, Alfie).
Add your details below, and we’ll be in touch soon.